Suffering from any mental illness is extremely hard, I never thought that I would have to deal with one myself, but as life goes bad things are bound to happen. Suffering within your own mind is one of the hardest things to deal with as life as it seems to be a constant battle within that you feel you’re losing.
1. The worst thing you can do is invalidating my trauma, treat me with respect as you would any other person just because you can’t see my disability, and yes it is a disability and not all that have PTSD are war vets.
2. Understand that I will have bad days… a lot of them, if I’m trying to explain my feelings don’t try to personalize them when I get angry, explode or quiet.
3. If I seem like I’m being over dramatic or complaining, please keep that to your self and be the support system that I need or distance yourself.
4. If I seem irritable, stay away and don’t throw that in my face, because it will only make things worse for both ends, I already think I’m crazy I don’t need to be told that.
5. I wont always know how to handle situations or express my emotions, I want to be close to my support system but I’m in constant fear of judgment.