Fibroid cysts are benign tumors composed of muscle and fibrous tissues that slowly develop in the muscle layers of the uterine wall. They are not cancerous, but can cause significant pain and discomfort. Nearly half of all women experience fibroid cysts by the age of 40. There are numerous herbs and vitamins that can be taken to shrink fibroid cysts naturally. Try some of these natural treatments and get rid of fibroid cysts without the need for prescription medication or surgery.
- Take Milk Thistle, a traditional Chinese herbal cure, to shrink fibroid cysts. It is typically used to treat liver problems, but also breaks down excess estrogen circulating in the system, effectively shrinking fibroid cysts. Take 140 milligrams of standardized silymarin three times per day for three months, then 90 milligrams three times per day as long as necessary.
- Take Vitex (chaste tree berry) to shrink fibroid cysts. Vitex is one of the most widely used women’s herbs. It regulates the amount of hormones produced in the body, which makes it effective for shrinking fibroid cysts. Take 2,000 to 5,000 milligrams per day. It must be taken for up to six months before its full benefit will be felt.
- Take dietary supplements to shrink fibroid cysts. Take 1,000 to 2,000 milligrams of Vitamin C, 150,000 IU of beta carotene, 400 micrograms of selenium, and 30 milligrams of zinc per day until the fibroid cysts are gone.
- Take burdock root to help shrink fibroid cysts. It has been shown to have anti-tumor capabilities in laboratory tests, and is used to effectively treat fibroid cysts in many women. Take up to six 400-500 milligram capsules per day for 3-4 months, or until the fibroid cysts are gone.
Tips & Warnings
- The herbs and dietary supplements mentioned above can be found at natural health stores, or ordered online from reputable retailers.
- Do not take Vitex during pregnancy. It may also weaken the effectiveness of oral contraceptives.